08 May 2008

Netlibrary

When JCPL first began Netlibrary service, I poked around a bit on the site so I would be able to help people with questions. Listening to the 12 minute tutorial on the PLCMC website added a lot to my understanding of the site. It is not user-friendly!!! I revisited Netlibrary through the JCPL site today and put a few items on hold. I will download them onto my laptop at home when my hold "comes in". I have an iPod, so I won't be able to download them onto that. Darn!

We have a long way to come to make the whole process easier for patrons. I just read in the Denver Post that a new Borders location at Park Meadows will offer audiobook downloads in their retail setting. This location joins 14 others nationwide that offer the audiobook downloads. I plan to go in when it's open to see if their software is compatible with iPods.

No comments: